Hire MEAN developers remotely from our vetted global talent
Terminal's vetted, elite global talent pool helps you hire MEAN developers 35% faster than traditional recruiting. Get instant access to elite MEAN engineers, as we only accept the top 7% of developers.
What customers are saying about us
“With Terminal, we have recruiting and on-the-ground expertise in the markets where we want to hire. We needed a group of people who were experts in the laws in these markets, who could set up payment structures, who would provide an office where engineers could work, and who could handle all the other details for us. Having all that bundled together, that was game-changing.”
Head of Engineering, Armory
“To bring Hims to new heights, we know we are going to need more happy, invested team members – and we’ll continue to look to Terminal to find and support them.”
COO & Head of Technology, Hims
“Turning to Latin America has significantly expanded the candidate pool for us. There’s so much good talent. I studied in Latin America myself, so I know firsthand the kind of creative thinking and quality engineers that you’ll find there.”
Why Choose Terminal
Elite Global Candidates
Our exceptional engineers are ready to tackle your biggest projects.
Speed & Simplicity
Our talent pipeline is pre-vetted. Our processes are designed to help you scale fast.
Our members are fully invested in your success, and fully integrated into your business.
Remote Mgmt Experts
Our focus shifts the administrative burden of remote team management off of you.
Guide to Hiring MEAN Developers
What is MEAN stack, and how is it used?
When you hire MEAN stack developers, they will help your startup to create real-time, interactive applications that incorporate Angular on the client side, Node JS and Express JS on the server side, and Mongo DB for database management.
Why is MEAN stack popular, and how will it benefit your business?
All startups want the best, so it's no surprise they would jump at the opportunity to combine all the top web development technologies to create their web products.
- Supports Isomorphism: For math majors, the mere mention of the term isomorphism would probably be enough to send a cold shiver down your spine. However, for companies building a web application with the MEAN stack, isomorphism is a concept you’d come to appreciate.
When you hire MEAN stack developers, they will be able to write code that can run at both ends of your website. Isomorphic code lets your developers perform client-side rendering and server-side rendering without making lots of modifications.
On the surface, this doesn’t sound so spectacular, but there are many reasons why the ability to write universal code is a significant plus for your company. One, it drastically improves the performance and load times of your web apps by providing improved access to data on the server side compared to client-side API requests. But more than that, using a singular code base will help your company’s SEO optimization since it allows for easier site indexing.
- Excellent for Building Interactive Apps with the MVC Architecture: According to 2023 website statistics published by Forbes, a new webpage is created every three seconds. This means that if you’re the average person who reads 238 words per minute, there’d have been about 200 new sites already launched by the time you’re done with this article.
If that wasn’t frustrating enough, reports also show that users need only 0.05 seconds to form an opinion about a website. So, you can probably understand why companies hire MEAN stack developers for their ability to build web pages with attractive user interfaces using the MVC architecture.
The competition for user’s limited attention is at an all-time high, and you need to deliver a seamless experience or risk getting left behind. Fortunately, in addition to its many other benefits, the MVC architecture allows your team to write modular code and enjoy better error handling.
- Affordability: Let’s face it: there aren’t many things better than a technology that helps you save costs without compromising on quality. And when you hire MEAN stack developers, that’s what you get. From Angular to NodeJS, each framework or tool is open-source.
- Unending Number of Libraries and Packages: As we explained earlier, the MEAN stack comprises Mongo DB, Angular, Express JS, and the Node JS runtime environment. Each of these tools has a tremendously large number of resources that can assist your programmers in building world-class web applications quickly.
For example, when you hire dedicated MEAN stack developers, they will be able to take advantage of popular Angular Component Libraries such as Core UI, Clarity, NG-Bootstrap, and Nebular and have access to essential components they need to create an outstanding UI.
Furthermore, the Node Package Manager (NPM), an elaborate ecosystem with over two million packages, is another significant reason why companies opt for the MEAN stack as their preferred choice. If you’re looking to develop feature-rich, highly interactive apps, working with the MEAN stack will ensure you have all the tools you need to complete the job in record time.
- Cloud Computing Capabilities: In today’s era, cloud compatibility is a major concern if you’re building a web product, and the MEAN stack easily stands out in this regard since it can easily be integrated with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, and other popular cloud-based platforms.
The implication is that when you hire dedicated MEAN stack developers, they can perform tasks such as testing and deployment faster. With the vast amount of Mongo DB cloud functionalities and other libraries, your company will be able to cut costs while maintaining optimal application performance.
- Easy Flow of Data with JSON: Data storage and transportation is an essential part of any highly functional web application, and JSON is one of the most popular formats for structuring data. What’s so special about JSON, and what does it have to do with MEAN stack’s popularity? JSON can store data in arrays to simplify the transfer process. Furthermore, JSON’s backend parsing is measurably better than other formats.
The MEAN stack is arguably JSON’s biggest cheerleader, as MongoDB, Angular, Express JS, and Node JS all store data in this format. This is excellent news because apps that use this technology can be designed without reformatting to enable data flow between various layers.
So, when companies hire MEAN stack developers, they will be able to easily develop web apps that can share various data types, including video and audio, regardless of their size.
- Scalability: If you’re building an enterprise-scale web application, you must anticipate and prepare for a potential flurry of user data and requests. Thankfully, Mongo DB makes it easy for MEAN stack developers to incorporate horizontal scaling with multiple servers.
With the MEAN stack, as your company grows, you’ll have the required software architecture to meet the increasing demands. Furthermore, Node JS also supports clustering or scaling across different servers, meaning there should be no challenges optimizing the backend of your web product for scale.
- Flexibility: Besides all the scalability benefits we’ve mentioned, the MEAN stack can boast of being one of the most flexible solutions for web development since its different parts work seamlessly with each other.
With the MEAN stack, your software team can go through the entire production phase, including development, testing, and deployment, without a hassle. Also, they should have no difficulties pushing new features or making modifications post-production when required.
- Perfect for Real-time Applications: Speed is a primary consideration when developing apps that require real-time functionality. Node JS’s non-blocking event-driven architecture makes it an excellent fit for building real-time interactive applications.
It’s no wonder that companies like Netflix, Linkedin, and PayPal use the MEAN stack to create their software. So, if what your business is building demands for users to receive instant feedback, the best bet would be to hire dedicated MEAN stack developers to join your team.
Roles and responsibilities of a MEAN stack developer
- Management of Relational and Non-Relational Databases: Database management is a core aspect of building large web applications and a significant reason companies hire MEAN stack engineers. MEAN stack developers manage customer data and regularly work with relational or non-relational databases. Sometimes, they configure applications for multiple databases and use queries to connect to external databases.
- Build Frontend and Backend Architecture: The most significant responsibility of MEAN stack developers is to build the overall architecture of your company’s website. Depending on your team's size, they will be tasked with building just the front end with Angular Component Libraries, working on the server side of your web app, or both. In addition to all these roles, they may be required to build scalable RESTful APIs and ensure smooth data transfer between both sides of the application.
- Building Solutions with Other Team Members: It’s not enough to hire MEAN stack engineers. You also need a team of UI/UX designers, product managers, and other professionals to assist their efforts if you want to create a top-notch web product. This means that your MEAN stack programmers will need to frequently communicate with these other team members to devise suitable strategies that will improve your app's overall performance.
- Debugging of Applications: Your MEAN stack developers will often find themselves in situations where they’d need to figure out what went wrong in your app’s code and proffer solutions to these bottlenecks. Fortunately, they can work with tools such as the Angular DevTools browser extension and the NodeJS command-line debugging utility to carry out this task.
- Deployment of Applications on the Cloud: Once your team has performed the necessary software tests and established your company’s app is ready to be released, your MEAN stack developers will be responsible for its deployment on the AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, or any other platform.
What skills should a MEAN stack developer have?
- Sufficient Knowledge of Individual MEAN stack components: When you hire a MEAN stack developer, they may be required to work on Mongo DB, Node JS, Angular, or Express JS. Often, their role will demand that they use all four of these technologies. Therefore, you must employ someone who can demonstrate adequate knowledge of the fundamentals of these frameworks and tools.
- Ability to Use Cloud Technologies: Cloud technologies like Azure Cloud and AWS are the go-to options for deploying MEAN stack applications. Although some roles may not require an extensive knowledge of these tools, hiring developers who can use them efficiently is a significant advantage.
- Problem-Solving: The ability to analyze a problem and develop practical solutions within a reasonable timeframe is a trait that the top 1% of MEAN stack developers for hire possess. This skill is an invaluable asset for companies who wish to remain on top of the competition and build modern, scalable apps.
- Competence With Version Control: Post-deployment, MEAN stack developers will still need to push updates, add patches, and perform routine maintenance of your company’s web app. This is why you need programmers who can use Git, Mercurial, or other version management systems effectively.
For more FAQs on hiring MEAN developers, visit our FAQs page
Find Developers By Role And Skill
Our software engineers and developers have the core skills you need.