Hire AI developers remotely from our vetted global talent
Terminal's vetted, elite global talent pool helps you hire AI developers 35% faster than traditional recruiting. Get instant access to elite AI engineers, as we only accept the top 7% of developers.
Instant access to top AI developers for hire
5 - 10 Years Experience
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science
- Built 0 → 1 product with AI company
- Native English Speaker
5 - 10 Years Experience
- 1 year of people leadership experience
- Skilled in multiple languages/frameworks
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science
5 - 10 Years Experience
- 3 years of Tech Led experience
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science
- Worked for Facebook
What customers are saying about us
“With Terminal, we have recruiting and on-the-ground expertise in the markets where we want to hire. We needed a group of people who were experts in the laws in these markets, who could set up payment structures, who would provide an office where engineers could work, and who could handle all the other details for us. Having all that bundled together, that was game-changing.”
Head of Engineering, Armory
“To bring Hims to new heights, we know we are going to need more happy, invested team members – and we’ll continue to look to Terminal to find and support them.”
COO & Head of Technology, Hims
“Turning to Latin America has significantly expanded the candidate pool for us. There’s so much good talent. I studied in Latin America myself, so I know firsthand the kind of creative thinking and quality engineers that you’ll find there.”
Why Choose Terminal
Elite Global Candidates
Our exceptional engineers are ready to tackle your biggest projects.
Speed & Simplicity
Our talent pipeline is pre-vetted. Our processes are designed to help you scale fast.
Our members are fully invested in your success, and fully integrated into your business.
Remote Mgmt Experts
Our focus shifts the administrative burden of remote team management off of you.
Guide to Hiring AI Developers
What is AI, and how is it used?
AI is the ability of computer systems to emulate the human thinking process. In other words, AI enables computers or computer-driven machines to perform intelligent tasks such as information gathering, analysis, and self-correction. With this technology, developers can use neural networks, statistical methods, and complex algorithms to build smart systems that can learn from previous events, make recommendations, and forecast outcomes.
The need for intelligent systems is ubiquitous across all industries, including big pharma, insurance, logistics, media, oil and gas, and telecoms. Although much growth is required before AI reaches its full potential, it has been significantly used in developing solutions, such as virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa, recommendation algorithms in streaming applications, and fraud detection software in finance companies.
Why is AI popular, and how will it benefit your business?
Depending on who you ask, AI is here to stay. So the question is: Should you hire AI developers to incorporate this technology, and what are the potential benefits of such a monumental decision?
- Eliminates Human Error: Most people would admit that humans are complex – they get tired, make mistakes, and can decide not to show up to work when you’re trying to meet deadlines on an important project. On the other hand, computer programs simply do what they are told when you tell them to do it.
Many work responsibilities, especially at big companies, can be tedious and repetitive.
Usually, this leads to different kinds of challenges, from entry mistakes to sorting errors. And while a few minor gaffes may not have a massive impact, these blunders tend to compound and affect a company’s reputation. When you hire an AI developer and incorporate this technology into your workflow, you can rest easy knowing that you’ve drastically reduced the adverse implications of mistakes.
- Faster than Humans: Tasks such as fault detection and complex mathematical calculations can take even the sharpest minds days or months. Fortunately, these activities can be completed relatively quickly with the rise of AI and Machine Learning algorithms. You can hire AI developers to incorporate convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, or other deep learning models to discover solutions to complex problems while saving your company considerable person-hours.
- Increases Bottom Line: We’ve already explained how AI helps reduce mistakes from repetitive tasks and hasten problem-solving. Consequently, this also translates to a leaner, more effective workforce for most companies. When you hire dedicated AI developers, you can reduce your running costs and get better value for your expenses.
If you look carefully, you’ll observe that many companies are aggressively eliminating redundancies to increase their efficiency and maximize profits. You, too, can take this path by finding innovative, AI-based solutions that can help simplify your workflow and enable your team to create top-quality products or services with little or no errors.
- Create Personalized Products: AI algorithms can understand your users better than you ever could. Have you ever wondered how music streaming apps like Spotify or YouTube music can recommend artists or create personalized playlists for their customers? It’s all thanks to predictive analysis with AI.
Every user action, from clicks to search queries and time spent on a particular page, contains a treasure trove of insights into their likes, dislikes, and habits. This information can help you tailor your products to serve them better. Regardless of your industry, your company will undoubtedly benefit from hiring AI and Machine Learning engineers to build supervised, semi-supervised, or unsupervised models to carry out and incorporate predictive analytics.
- Improves Decision-making: We’re in the information age, and more than ever before, large datasets are being generated at an incredible rate from a wide range of sources. The challenge for modern-day companies is organizing and analyzing these datasets to generate valuable insights that can shape business decisions. This is one of the most critical reasons to hire an AI developer for your business or startup.
There’s so much value hidden in the data that you generate each day. An AI developer can provide you with the tools to create data-driven marketing strategies, develop in-demand products, and identify the main drivers for your company’s growth. They can automate the data cleaning process and perform tasks such as clustering and regression analysis to extract insights from your datasets relatively quickly.
- Increases Employee Efficiency :Work isn’t always exciting. It often involves doing the same things repeatedly and clocking in the next day to do it all over again. This wouldn’t be a significant problem except that it can hamper your employee's ability to focus on more important tasks like management and interacting with critical stakeholders.
With AI, you can take this burden off your staff and make them more productive. According to McKinsey, up to 30% of tasks in 60% of occupations can be automated.
When you hire dedicated AI developers to automate repeated jobs, you can free them up to focus on their core responsibilities. Although automation of job roles is not a new concept, AI adds a fresh twist with techniques like Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision. These tools will enable your AI engineers to build algorithms that can learn and improve as they carry out automated tasks.
- Reduces Work-related Risks: AI robots are gaining popularity globally because they can do jobs that would be risky for humans to perform. Before now, tasks that required strenuous heavy lifting or exposure to unfriendly working conditions and toxic substances were performed by employees. However, since the AI revolution, many industries now hire AI developers to build custom solutions that will preserve the health and safety of their workforce.
Activities such as welding, waste collection, or mixing chemicals could result in extensive casualties in the event of a mishap or accident. With AI robots, you don’t have to worry about loss of lives or mistakes from lapses in concentration that could result in damage to properties. It’s an obvious win-win.
Roles and responsibilities of an AI developer
Convert Machine Learning Models to APIs: One of the essential job responsibilities of AI developers for hire is building ML models and converting these models to APIs that other applications can use. This means they must develop the model from scratch and build RESTful APIs.
In addition, your AI team will need to run these APIs and conduct several tests to determine if the model performs accurately. These processes usually involve frameworks like Flask or Fast API and tools such as Postman, Swagger, or SoapUI.
Analysis of Big Data: AI’s heavy computing power is best seen when it is used to analyze enormous and complex data sets. When you hire an AI developer, they will work with other members of your team and company stakeholders to identify your company’s unique business problems and use statistical methods to extract data-driven solutions.
Your AI or ML engineers will spend a significant part of their time using statistical analysis tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Excel, or JupyterAI to determine the relationships between various variables and provide documentation on applying the findings from their analysis in real-world business use cases.
Meeting with Stakeholders: Project managers and other critical stakeholders may often not understand the nitty-gritty of AI or the mathematical vocabulary in ML models. It’s the job of AI engineers to meet with these individuals and explain these concepts to them in a simplified way.
Companies that hire AI developers usually have regular strategy sessions with them to appraise their progress and learn how their innovations can translate to increased revenue margins, better customer service, or improved employee workflow. In these meetings, your AI team will be expected to make easy-to-understand presentations and illustrate how they can use AI or AI-powered machines to drive efficiency and productivity.
Develop AI Models for Specific Projects: Most companies hire AI engineers primarily for research-intensive roles. However, this isn’t always the case. Sometimes, businesses already have pre-identified needs and require an AI engineer to build a custom model for that challenge. This role involves selecting suitable programming languages and frameworks, data preparation, training, and iteration of machine or deep learning models.
Management of AI Infrastructure: AI implementation requires assembling all the critical hardware, software, and network tools. A failure to hire dedicated AI developers to build robust infrastructure for future AI projects will undoubtedly affect your company’s ability to profit fully from this technology's many benefits.
Your infrastructure setup will determine the speed, scalability, and effectiveness of your company’s AI solutions. It will also lay the groundwork for incorporating other technologies into your workflow.
Therefore, your AI team must select the right architecture, including databases for data storage and management, frameworks for data processing, and a suitable technology stack. Finally, they will be responsible for the implementation of these solutions.
What skills should an AI developer have?
Ability to Code: Working with AI demands that engineers work with diverse programming languages. Sometimes, your AI team may need to create models and build APIs using Python, Java, or Ruby on Rails. This means that the ability to code with one or more of these languages is critical for programmers in the AI space.
Strong Mathematical Foundation: You cannot separate mathematics and statistics from AI and machine learning. When you hire dedicated AI developers to perform complex data analysis or create predictive algorithms, they must apply mathematical concepts such as linear algebra, calculus, linear regression, and Bayesian probability.
Ideally, it is best to employ AI developers with an educational background in a mathematical or engineering discipline. However, individuals from other fields who can demonstrate sufficient knowledge of these core concepts will also be able to do an excellent job.
Proficiency with Big Data Tools: The best AI developers must perform data-related tasks such as cleaning and processing. These tasks will require them to work with MongoDB, Cassandra, and other database management software. Your AI team must also be proficient with technologies like Apache Spark and Hadoop.
Communication: Communication skills are a vital trait that you must search for when you hire AI engineers to join your company. AI developers will need to interact with web developers, product managers, and other staff, and it is critical that they can simplify complex mathematical concepts in a way that other team members can understand.
Knowledge of AI fundamentals: AI is a rapidly growing field, and no one can fully comprehend everything there is to learn about this technology. Nonetheless, some topics are non-negotiable for developers that will be excellent on the job. In addition to all the requirements we’ve already mentioned, you must hire AI developers who are conversant with deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence analytics.
For more FAQs on hiring AI developers, visit our FAQs page
Find Developers By Role And Skill
Our software engineers and developers have the core skills you need.